Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Busy Bee...

So Christmas and New Years Eve have come and went and we are in full crazy swing! This was the only time that my family had off between now and Kadence's due date so we got lots of things done. Day after Christmas we started the nursery and spare bathroom. The nursery is beige and accent color is coral. The spare bath is a light blue and zebra print. Friday we finished our home study and went to Nebraska Furniture Mart and Babies R Us and picked out a crib, dresser, and a glider. Saturday we met with an adoptive family that has 2 open domestic adoptions and we picked their brains as to how an open adoption could work for us. Later that day I was walking around Barnes and Noble killing time and I ran into Birth Mom and her family (this is the first time we have seen each other outside of a planned meeting). It was super great to see them, hug them, and just check in. I also got to meet Birth Mom's grandma that was in town from North Carolina for the holidays. Sunday and Monday were filled with crafts, time with family, and LOTS of pinterest for the nursery. Sunday night I got a text message from Birth Mom with a belly picture and it made my heart smile. I love looking at that growing belly! This morning we spent time with our campus minister and some friends from college. All in all this has been an overwhelming week filled with abundant blessings! We are so grateful and will probably never be able to put into words how appreciative we are for all of our help this week!

On top of ALL of that...God has been so good and gentle with me this last week in bringing lots of peace. In talking to other adoptive moms and our social worker I learned that all of my emotions that I was/am feeling are normal and will keep happening(Oh,boy!). I also was affirmed that it was okay to finish the nursery, have a baby shower, get some little girl things, and get excited (all things I have been very apprehensive of).

Tomorrow baby girl will be 32 weeks and I am SO excited!

Prayers for this week-
That I would adjust well to going back to work (being off has been a great blessing)
That Andy and I would adjust to him going to midnights (Starts this Saturday- he will be working from 7pm-7am)
For Birth Mom as she goes back to school on Thursday
For Kadence as she continues to grow and that she would come exactly when God wants her to
For the relationship between us and Birth Mom and her family...that we could continue to grow and we would have a healthy relationship

Till next time-




No comments:

Post a Comment