Tuesday, January 15, 2013

God shows up in itunes...

I am confident if you are watching for Him, God shows up everywhere. I see Him so often when I put shuffle on my itunes. This morning I am putting off finalizing the budget and started to day dream about Kadence when Shane and Shane's song The One You Need came on. Because I bought the whole Shane and Shane CD my last track of The One You Need is a video (love that). The song is about a dad telling his daughter that as much as the dad loves her that Jesus is who the daughter needs. That at some point dad will not be everything that she needs but that she will need Jesus. I have always loved this video as it pertains to my own childhood. I was always a daddy's girl even though some times we didn't see eye to eye and there has been significant pain in my journey. I could not have dealt with all I have in my short (almost 29 years) life if I always would have relied on my earthly father but my heavenly father is the one I have always needed.

But this song when you are no longer the little girl but the mom, the wife...watching that relationship between your daughter and her dad. There are no words...the dream of this alone brings me to tears.

I knew from the very beginning of my friendship with Andy that he was going to be an amazing dad. His selflessness, his love, his thoughtfulness, his ability to read a children's book in a way I cannot express, his child like heart...and then we got married and I have seen a whole other side to him in the way that he seeks God, intensely listens to hear my heart when I speak, and how he gives and gives at work, with Pro Deo, to me, and to our house...I admire him daily for everything he was, is, and continues to grow to be.

Andy is going to be a phenomenal dad! I can already tell this when I sneak up on him and I find him in Kadence's room praying, when I wake up and I see that all the adoption paper work we needed to fill out- he did while I was sleeping, that when it's silent and right before we fall asleep he breaks the silence and says I can't wait till our little girl is here. I see it as he works so hard to get our house looking like a home so Kadence has a beautiful peaceful home to come to. I see it as his eyes well up with tears when he hears of tragedies that involve babies or mommies. I see it when I go into Kadence's room and I see he has added another touch, or has been in there reading, or spending time with Jesus. I see it in him when we watched Courageous and as we left the theater, He admitted that he sometimes struggled at being mad at God and questioned what was wrong with us that God wouldn't let us be parents, because he wanted to be the "courageous" dad. I see it in him as we met with the birth family and every time we get in the car from being with them, he is just so excited. The first time he had cautioned me over and over to not get too excited...to guard my heart...etc, etc. Then after he met our birth mom and her family he got in the car and said (with a crazy amount of excitement) we are getting a baby girl, grabbed my hand and kissed it :)

 Andy is like every girls dream for a dad (minus my teen girls that want to date felons-lol). I have no doubt that when this little girl comes out that she will be his princess and that his heart will melt in a way he can not express. I am sure there will be countless times when I am in the bedroom and over the baby monitor I will hear him talking to her, praying for her, singing to her, and reading her crazy children's books. I can't wait till days when he has off and we go hiking, take off to deanna rose farm, decide to finger paint at home, build things, or just have an ice age marathon at home curled up with Jada and Kadence on the couch.

I can't wait till I see Kadence for the first time in her daddy's arms. I can't wait to see the look on his face, that same face I saw when I walked down the aisle to Andy on our wedding day. This look of awe of what God is doing, how He writes our story, and how much love is overflowing in him.

Andy knows that I love him, and I know that he knows that I am excited for the birth of this little girl...I don't think he knows just how happy I am that in my stick figure picture that I drew when I was little that the daddy that I always drew has a name, his name is Andy and he is everything a wife could dream about having in a husband and for a father to her children.

Blessed, in love with my husband, and daydreaming of Kadence...best way to spend a Tuesday morning!


2 comments:

  1. The two of you are without a doubt, going to be fantastic parents. I have known this since the first time you dropped everything you were doing and came running to my rescue. Caring for a child just seemed to come so natural to you. My girls talk about you and silly Andy all the time. But now, as we talk about Kadence, they get even more excited. We love you two and can't wait to know Kadence as well. Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got back from getting your shower gifts and now I've got sweet Kadence on my mind. Can't wait to meet her! I'm sending up prayers for continued peace for your family, Kylie. :-)

    ReplyDelete