Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Cherishing the little things...

This morning I walked out of the shower and I could hear giggling coming from down stairs...I peaked around the corner and saw Andy, Jada, and Kadence all piled on to our ottoman. Andy and Kadence where mesmerized by each other and were lost in a conversation of giggles and coos. Jada would break in for kisses here and there and immediately I was filled with love! This is what I have dreamed about since the day I was a little girl...this was better than any make believe house I had played out when I was a little girl. The amount of joy that was in our house over something so small as looking in a mirror and cooing at each other was surreal.

I went in and continued to get ready and tears welled up in my eyes and I immediately felt God's grace pouring over me. Who am I that I would get blessed with this husband who is tender, generous, loving and passionate. God chose a man for me that everyday in living out his life I would be reminded of God's love for me. I love not being able to find my husband and then hear something outside and there he is sitting at the table reading his Bible, or smaller things like when the baby has a wet diaper and as I am getting up he offers to change her so I don't have to do it. It is his constant devotion to our family that blows me away. I am confident that it is God's grace that makes this all possible because Andy and I without Jesus is not a pretty sight, but what Jesus brings to our marriage...what Jesus brings to Andy as a dad and to him as a husband can not be learned by any parenting book or any other conventional learning means. What we have in our family is ONLY by the grace of God, Andy and I cannot take credit for any of it.

I am all too aware that we are the minority in our society in the fact that we have a thriving marriage and family unit. My heart is heavy in longing for others to find what we have found. I long for others to know the beauty of sacrificial love. I long for children to be raised to know that they have parents that love each other and are committed to parent them and their primary role is NOT to be their child's friend. I will cherish the love that Andy and I have found, count our blessings, and lean into raising Kadence to know God's love too...so that she too can experience the beauty of this kind of love from her future husband. (When she is like 55 of course...till then she won't be dating-lol)

Till next time-

No comments:

Post a Comment