Thursday, September 3, 2015

Zephaniah 3:17...

It's been awhile since I have blogged- but I can't stay away any longer...my brain is about to explode.

In the last month school has started, we have decided to send Kadence to preschool 2 days, we took our oldest to college, I have had some health stuff, Andy had a birthday, I hired another staff member, we went on a canoe trip, and we went on family camp...all while I have embraced this new mantra of Savoring Slow...

I have been and continue to start my day with coffee in the quiet of the morning with only me and Jesus and occasionally Jada when she wants to cuddle. It's amazing the peace that the stillness and silence of a house can bring.

I have taken a big X and put it through days on my calendar that indicate to me that I CAN NOT plan things on those days.

I have rearranged my schedule to be at home with Kadence a minimum of 1 day a week during the week to give us a slower rhythm (we are together most days but this is home and not going anywhere or doing anything days...intentionally her days to decide what we do those days)

I am a go getter, I am a highly driven person and I can't change that about myself but I can put some practices in place that make me a healthier mom, a healthier wife, and a healthier boss. When I love me well, I am able to love others well (I know a crazy concept- one I have been working on since way before I got married)

So, what about Zephaniah 3:17?

This was the very first Bible verse I ever memorized. I remember being in college and my mentor at the time asked me about my favorite Bible verses and I think the only thing I could rattle off was 1 Corinthians 13 and that was only because I had heard it so many times at weddings. I remember her teaching me Zephaniah 3:17 (in all honesty I don't think I ever new there was a book called Zephaniah in the Bible) but what was a foreign concept to me soon became something that at Breakfast, Lunch and everywhere in between I started to learn the words to this verse (I am pretty sure there were even motions). So that verse in underlined and more underlined in my Bible...fast forward to this past week...We listen to seeds worship CD's (Thank you to Katie and Jodi for letting me in on this goodness) and Kadence calls it her music. Track 8 came on and it is Zephaniah 3:17- I always sing along to it and reminisce about all that God has done since the day I told Him he could have my heart and that I would seek Him. I turned down the radio and had Kadence say Zephaniah 3:17 and phrase by phrase we said it together. That night we were rocking (one of my VERY most favorite things to do with Miss K- we usually sing at least 2 songs, and tell stories to each other, and pray together in this time and do some really silly things that get us both belly laughing before our time is up) and I said Zephaniah and she then said 3:17. I was shocked...so I said the next part "The Lord your God-and she says "is with me". Me- He is mighty K-to save Me- He will quiet you K-with his Love and just like that back and forth we said together Zephaniah 3:17. I don't know why I was shocked she picks up everything. But in that moment I held her tighter and I remembered all those lonely nights when I questioned God's promises, all those nights that I "knew" His truths but it wasn't enough to stop my tantrums. So there I sat holding in my arms the single best things that has ever happened in my life. The things that I wept for so long for- she was and continues to be my answer to so many prayers I have prayed. In that moment we stopped and truly let God "Quiet us with His love".

Every day I am mesmerized by this life I live- Im also taken aback in the many ways I botch it up every day-lol... but also in the many ways that God's grace takes all of that and loves me right where I am at.

For those that read this just to get updates on Miss K-
Her Favorite Color currently - Green, Pink, and Purple and ANYTHING with sparkles
She LOVES the characters - Paw Patrol, Minnie Mouse, Daniel Tiger, Peppa Pig and ANYTHING Disney Princess
Things she loves- Having crazy hair, shoes, swimming, cooking in the kitchen, washing her hands, riding bikes with daddy, reading books, being outside, playing dress up, anything that involves a bandaid, dinosaurs, sharks, and anything art related (coloring, paint, etc)
Her favorite foods- pasta, Costa Vida's Quesadillas, Ice Cream, goldfish, applesauce, grapes, watermelon, and cheese and...chocolate milk :)
Things she doesn't like- not getting her way (I think it comes with her age-haha)



No comments:

Post a Comment