Sunday, October 21, 2012

Meet the family...

With adoption or conceiving a child one of the things I am most excited about is introducing our child to our family and friends!

I am excited for them to meet my mom- They will shop, bake, sew, lots of cuddles, and go to the lake. My mom LOVES kids and works as a secretary at a local school for 3-5th graders. I have endless memories of fun times with my mom and I know that she can't wait to be a grandma and will always be excited to hang out and do fun things but also give lots and lots of hugs and cuddles!

My Step dad is great too! He has a huge heart, loves his family very much!He loves the outdoors, loves fishing, hunting, building things, refurbishing things, and traveling.Regardless if we have a boy or a girl I am sure camouflage and fishing is in their future.

My Dad is no longer alive but I have lots of great memories with him as well- He loved to cook, and socialize with people, and throw parties. He also liked helping others, motorcycle riding and golfing. I know that my mean mini golfing skills are because of him.

My Step mom lives in Arkansas and although that is one of my favorite drives, we don't get to see her often. I am hoping that when our child is here that changes. She is very loving, is a great cook, loves dogs and babies, loves to knit, play games, and even taught me how to crochet.

On Andy's side:

His Mom- Crazy great! She loves art, cooking, making projects, and finding deals online :) She will always amaze you with the new things she is able to find. You will find a new appreciation for games, spelling, geography, and becoming a life long learner. I can't wait for you to hang out with her and partake in all of her new adventures

Andy's dad- He is a huge blessing! He is quiet and usually stays to himself but he is gentle and kind and when he hugs you, you know he means it. When he tells you that he loves you, you know it. He is a hard worker and will always help if we are in a bind ( I cant tell you how many times he has been to the house to work on things). He also like to be outdoors, do home repairs, and hangout with his grand kids.

That's just our Parents...then you have brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles...the list goes on and on...

One of the things I LOVE about the idea of having a child is thinking about them growing up with sooooo many people that will love them, teach them things, will be at all of their school functions/sports/etc, and will enjoy being active in their life.

That's our family in a nutshell...

No comments:

Post a Comment