Friday, October 19, 2012

Whirlwind of emotions...

I'm sitting here at Starbucks sipping a white mocha (one of my favorite past times) and I am overwhelmed with all of the emotions in me. I am in love with the idea of being a mom, I am scared of heart ache through the adoption process, my mind swirls with ideas...is it possible I am in love with my future child and I haven't even met them, don't even know if they have been conceived...but I find myself dreaming, a beautiful dream- somethings that are very detail oriented that people would be laughing at me for thinking about and other things about just how life would work...
Here's a peek into my crazy dreaming, lots due to pinterest and my background in teaching-

I dream about teaching my child how to read. I have piles and piles of children's books and when I look at the books I am excited about the ideas of teaching my child how to count, their colors, how to share, their letters, and then all the fun activities you can do with books. I think about art projects to do with the seasons/holidays. I think about traditions that I want to make sure our family has (for instance I know that as a family we will do community service throughout the year- we long for our child to grow up serving other people and seeing the beauty of taking care of the world they live in). I dream about bedtime routines and what Saturday mornings will look like. I dream about how to make meal time fun, what vacations we will take, how we will discipline in a loving way, and how we will urge our child to reach for their dreams!

I dream about what outings they will do with their grandparents- will they go to the pumpkin patch, will they sew together, will they go to the lake? All of these things excite me greatly...

I dream about how to tell them about people I love like their birth family, my dad who passed away, my grandfather, and all the other people that influence the way we love them and will shape our character in our family...

I dream about family outings that Andy and I will do with them- Will we go hiking, to the drive in, build forts, have pj days...

I dream about if our baby is a girl will she be girly with ruffles and bows and lots of pink or will she be a tom boy and love to be outside or be both...if it's a boy will he love mud, legos, and trucks or would he love the arts...

And then I get reminded that as much fun as it is to dream that is all it is right now is a dream and I go back to reality and back to returning e-mails but thankful for this happy spot in my mind where I go to dream of my family in the making and what's to come...

HAPPY FRIDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment