Monday, December 17, 2012

And she shall be called...

Kadence Anaya...

It was not an easy journey but list after list have come to an end! For a couple of weeks now...whenever I has a spare moment I was writing down lists after lists of names. We went to sports night and we were looking at baby names, we went ice skating and we were making list of baby names, we went to dinner and we were, you guessed it, making list of baby names.

Last night Andy and I were enjoying a night alone and were watching netflix. I took a break to make a little advent treat of Pretzel, Hershey Kiss, M&M goodness and Andy asked if I needed help. I said no but that his job was to compile a list of 5 names and we would narrow it down from there. He said he wasn't going to do 5 names, he would pick one. I told him that I was serious that we needed to come to a conclusion on a name and we were getting nowhere.
I started working away and he came up stairs to help me put M&M's on (the final step) and he said I found it. I don't want to tell you yet because I feel like it needs to be epic and this is not very epic, lol. I told him that we could always tell her we named her over making advent treats. And then he said- Anaya or Anaia (We liked Anaya better) it means God answered and is pronounced Uh-nye-yah. We both smiled and there was no changing the course from there. We were in love and all of a sudden it became more real. We took a moment to take it in, and then came the journey of finding a middle name...

I started my list, asked name genie, and nothing felt right. I went back to our initial discussion we had about Cadence (an initial love for both of us from the beginning) meaning Rhythm. That alone had so much meaning to us because Andy is a drummer, because it feels that more than an Adoption Process that this has been a God Rhythm that we have just leaned in to. So then the question became Anaya Kadence or Kadence Anaya and then how to spell both...all of the rest are little details but the conclusion is Kadence Anaya (Rhythm God Answered) ...sums it up :)

Andy and I are so very excited and last night as we were laying in bed it was super quiet and Andy said, "I can't wait for our little girl to be here"

Till next time- Kylie

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I also love the changed text color. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anaiah is Dallas' nephew's name! Praying for you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete