Friday, December 7, 2012

Decisions x150

I am sure that we are just on the brink of how many decisions we are going to be making with a new child but this week my head is spinning...

One of the fun decisions we have been talking about are names...

To Andy and I a name is a very important decision and one we do not take lightly! The Ideal name has to meet some criteria.
1. It needs to sound girly or pretty (a name that when someone reads it they are not questioning if they are looking for a boy or a girl)
2. It needs to be easy to spell or be able to chunk it apart so that when our child is learning how to read/write they can easily learn their name
3. It needs to be a name that can last through middle and high school (ex- Thor - potentially an amazing warrior boy name...but if Thor does not live up to the "warrior" side of his name High School is going to be horrible for him).
4. It needs to be a name that can follow them to adulthood and can potentially sound professional...
5. And probably the most important to us- is it needs to mean something

I am confident that this child may never get a name because we have gone through SO MANY lists and nothing seems to strike a chord with us :)

One of my favorite things I have been doing while Andy is at work this week is making him lists of names. Then, while I am sleeping he responds to them...let's just say we haven't found one yet ;)

I have learned that I tend to pick names that seem familiar to me and then when running them by our  teenagers they seem to remind me why it's familiar "Oh, that's the girl off of Pretty Little Liars, Parent Hood, Switched At Birth, Gossip Girl" or any other teenage drama my girls have got me sucked in to :) -lol

We are taking all name suggestions under advisement and hope to make a decision before the child is 16 :)

Things to pray for this weekend-
Birth Mom is taking her ACT this weekend
We get to meet our social worker face to face tonight for the first time
Andy and I are making big decisions like who our lawyer is going to be and who baby momma's lawyer is going to be. Just that God would guide and direct this process
Pray for our finances as we continue down this path- 12 weeks is not very long to get your ducks in a row
Pray for my heart because I am head over heels in love with this child and I haven't even heard her heart beat, seen her, or even held her...
Continue to pray for our relationship as it develops with the birth mom and her family (We like them so much and are just excited to see what God has in store as we move forward with them)

Happy Friday-

No comments:

Post a Comment